Monday, October 10, 2011

Missing Old Things.

This weekend I had some free time on Monday, and since it was such a nice fall day outside I decided to go out on the trampoline with my sister like I used to. She was playing a game that she has always played where she pretends that she is on a gymnastics team and does tricks. Gymnastics used to be my thing I have done since I was little until I had to quit because of my knees. It's something that I miss all the time and have the urge to want to do all the time, so whenever I was playing with her I did some old tricks that I used to have on the ground. I started off easy with back handsprings and then moved onto different kinds of back flips. The last time I did gymnastics on the floor was when I tried to get back into it with cheerleading. I was at the game and I landed on my ankle twisted from a back flip and sprained it, so of course I lost all incentive to do it again. However, I was really feeling the want to do it on the ground again just to try and get the mindset of pushing myself to do it so I did just that. I was all warmed up and stretched from being on the trampoline so I went straight to the ground to try it. I must say I was really nervous, but I went for it anyways because the rush of being able to do it was the best. Next thing I know I landed my back tuck perfectly. It was one of my favorite feelings and I wanted to do it over and over again. It made me miss gymnastics even more though, and made me remember going to class during the week and the feeling of progressing onto new tricks. I always wonder how good I could be at it if I never quit and I wished so bad that I didn't have to hurt my knees. I guess you just have to move on and think of the long run and the strain it would put on my knees with my problem. At least I knew for myself I had a talent for it, and it is just like riding a bike... Once you have it you pick right back up on it like you never stopped.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to continue to add at least two entries a week to get to where we are now - 10 to 12 entries.

    ReplyDelete