I've started the trend with my blogs to be just about life in general... so I decided to write today about my babysitting job and how it affects my life. Today, I had to babysit for the same three kids that I always babysit twice a week but soon to be four days. It's really not my favorite thing to do, but the job has grown on me. However, I do babysit on Fridays so it is a bit of a pain whenever I am done at 645, and my friends have something planned for earlier and it ruins my plans in general. But I need the money so I prefer to put work first even whenever things come up. For instance, today I was invited to a Pens game while I was babysitting. Of course I wanted to go so bad, but I would have had to have someone fill in for me so I could leave early. This messes with my whole schedule and the Mom that I babysit for would not really think I was responsible for leaving for my friends so I decided against it. No, I was not pleased, but sometimes everyone has to make compromises in order to do the right thing. I'd rather excel in my job than slack, and that is how I want to be in the future as well so might as well get used to it now. Everything turns out right in the end whenever you make the right choice. Yes, I was upset I had to miss the Pens game but I did feel good about not leaving my job and making my friend fill in. I am sure that most people around my age especially can relate to this. I know many of my friends that have to sacrifice plans for their job and they hate it as well. It's a part of life, and we all have to learn to get used to it now or else we never will.
You have a lot of neat things in your life that many other people don't get to experience, for example having aupairs and this will allow your blog to have many neat entries that will make it interesting.
ReplyDeletewell would you just look at that.. just look at it
ReplyDeleteGreat post, I was pulled into it. It's probably a smart idea to put job before friends because it really shows that you're determined.
ReplyDeletePutting your work first is a really good idea. It shows dedication and determination, which are two good qualities to have. Proud of you girl!
ReplyDeleteGood post. I liked how you take work before friends to bring in the money. Good work ethic
ReplyDelete