Friday, September 9, 2011

everything happens for a reason.

Even though sometimes I doubt the fact that everything happens for a reason, I have been proven more times than less that this statement is true. It is very hard for me to believe sometimes, but why question why something happened when you will never have the answers. There is no point in sitting and wondering why, or if something bad happens of course you are going to get upset, but one thing that keeps me going is knowing that there had to be some type of reason behind it. Then again, there are good instances where this happens. Do you ever wonder when you walk out the door to go to your car, but then realize you forgot your car keys so you go back inside to get them, if something different would have turned out that day such as a car crash without that extra minute that you took up? I know I do all the time. I am a huge over thinker, and that to me is a something that I could over analyze numerous times. For example, today is September 9, meaning that September 11 is coming up in two days. This is obviously a tragedy remembered, and for many peoples a loss of lives. Now we will never know why that had to happen, or have any answer behind the cruelty of the act. However, I do know a story that blows my mind. My friend knows a family friend who happened to work in the twin towers and was having a normal day of work. His coworkers and him went on a donuts/coffee run and left the building to go across the street for it. The next moment, the plane crashed right into his building on his floor... More than half of his coworkers were dead. It gives me a chill just thinking about, knowing that if he wouldn't have left at that specific time then that could have been him. And it really makes me wonder why things happen the way they do. Of course, there are bad reasons to it, such as why did the people that died have to, and what was their reason. But instead we will never know so we just have to learn how to accept and not kill ourselves over finding the answer because till this day I will still always believe that everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment