Everyone's house consists of a different number of people, and everyone has different situations. Whether it is divorced, single mom, single dad, step-mom, or step-dad... or maybe you are a lucky one with a normal functioning family. But no matter what, there are always going to people with a situation that is not always considered "normal," and everyone has to adjust to change... just some more drastic than others. My family is quite different than it used to be. I have my two younger siblings and my older sister, and we are all taken care of by the hands of my dad, and my dad only. This was never the case until I lost my mom to breast cancer three years ago. It's something I am not comfortable opening up to with anyone, but, however, everyone is aware of the factors that go along with this situation such as my aupairs. My dad is in a family business and works five days a week from morning until night, and with my sister and I engaged in school this was going to be a problem. My dad had looked into aupairs online which is someone from a different country around the age of eighteen to mid twenties that stays with you and your family for a year to have someone there to take care of things. The first one came my freshman year, and her name was Pinja from Finland. It was a little weird at first and very hard to accept. She was only eighteen and it blows my mind that she came to a different country with a different family at such a young age, I know I could never. I still keep in touch with her till this day, she became like another big sister. My next one came the year after, and her name was Maria from Denmark. She was very energetic and only twenty when she came. I keep in touch with her as well still over skype and facebook, and her too I was extremely close with and my little brother and sister made a good bond with her. My newest one had just left this week after her one year and her name is Emma from Sweden. I did not have that close of a bond with her, but my little brother really connected with her and was very upset about her leaving. My dad just found our new one, she came this week from Sweden and her name is Paula. She seems very nice and my little sister has already quickly adjusted. It is hard for them to be close with someone and then have them leave them, but it is one of my dads only options and it is more of an experience for all of us. There are many ups and downs to having an aupair, but all in all it is a huge experience and I have met people that I will have a relationship with for the rest of my life.
Allison i love your blog. It is always interesting to hear about other people's lives and the things going on and happening to them. It is really cool too that someone with a similar life style can read your blog and compare and have someone they can talk to about things whether it is family, friends, job, school, ect! Great job can't wait to hear more :)
ReplyDelete